Sunday, August 24, 2014

Knitting to True Crime

So what have I been doing with all this free time, really?  Most of it has been spent sitting on the loveseat with Winston, knitting and watching endless episodes of true crime programming on Netflix.  It's starting to feel like a true addiction because I feel drawn to it, even though I know it's wrong.  Right now I'm into "Lt. Joe Kenda: HOMICIDE HUNTER."  I've sucked down 4 episodes already today.  Here's some stuff I've made while my brain has been rotting:

 
Selfish project alert:  I got halfway through this pattern called Sherlocked, but when it said to change from the honeycomb to the cable pattern, it looked bad, so I picked out all the cabling and just finished it in the same stitch, but with a color change midway through.  It took four skeins, which took forever, but I think it looks nice.

 
After that, I took on a new knitting challenge: colorwork.  The only colorwork I had done before this was stripes (which are stupid easy).  This time, I took on a technique called intarsia, which allowed me to make pictures in my knitting.  Even though it was more difficult than some other projects, I went with a dog sweater, because I figured that Winston wouldn't give a damn if it turned out terrible. 
 
You can't see the pattern of the dog sweater very well in this picture, but it has 2 rows of hearts and bones--one across the shoulder and one across the rump.  As I'm sure you can tell by Winston's face, he loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment