Friday, September 5, 2014

Baked Manicotti (pg 152)





Valuable lesson learned from this recipe: pasta is pasta.  Shape is fun, but not necessarily important.  Rather than killing myself stuffing manicotti shells without tearing them, the recipe just had me do roll-ups with lasagna noodles.  It worked fine. 

I did everything pretty much right for this one, but I didn't end up liking it very much.  It was so heavy that I ended up with an instant guilt trip whenever I ate it.  Having it sit in my fridge for a week, making me feel depressed whenever I ate it made me reconsider the plan a bit.  Either I need to make dramatically reduced portions of the heavier foods or I need to skip them altogether.  It turned out okay, I guess, but the cheese+starch, barely adulterated with tomato sauce (which was good, by the way) made me think that this is not a dish for people who aren't spending the day tending goats and eating grapes, or whatever it is they do in Tuscany.

No comments:

Post a Comment